Meeting the challenges of Adult Orthodontics
Welcome to Örebro Orthodontic Symposium for a two days lecture by Professor Ama Johal.
Key Note Speaker
Prof. Ama Johal
The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary College, and
Active Member of the Angle Society of Europé.
Date and time
Thursday, October 21th and Friday, October 22nd, 2021
Thursday: 09.40 am - 17.00 pm
Friday: 08.00 am - 12.00
City konferenscenter, Klostergatan 23, Örebro
More information - Citykonferenscenter in Örebro
Orthodontists: 2 900 SEK, VAT not included
Residents in Orthodontics: 2 000 SEK, VAT not included
The conference fee includes coffee and lunch.
The conference fee is billed to the address you specify in the notification.
Registration is open (course catalog - Ping Pong)
Application deadline on September 20th 2021.
Registration is binding.
The number of participants is limited.
Adult orthodontics is increasingly becoming part of everyday clinical practice for Orthodontists and presents a different set of challenges. The lectures are aimed to address the clinical and academic aspects of orthodontic treatment in these adults, focussing on the inter-related topics of:
- General principles of adult orthodontics, evaluating the biological and clinical aspects of tooth movement.
- Treatment planning & appliance options, aiming to explore an everyday approach to meeting the needs and demands of our adult patients and defining the relative goals of treatment.
- Space planning and delivering with confidence, we explore space requirements and creation in order to assess the anchorage and treatment mechanics necessary.
- The importance of managing the Orthodontic interface with restorative care & periodontal care through a joint approach and as a consequence achieving what is otherwise the impossible.
The lectures are aimed at providing:
- An overview of our current understanding of sleep-related breathing disorders and the importance of the dental profession.
- A current evidence-based perspective on the role of mandibular advancement appliances in the management of sleep-related breathing disorders.
- We will explore the practical aspects of mandibular advancement appliances, providing Clinical tips on achieving success with treatment.